“In today’s connected world, members of a school community expect more than just open houses and photocopied newsletters. They want frequent updates. They want to give their feedback. They expect to collaborate” (Dixon, 2012, p. 1).
Active parental involvement is what Iman Academy has been calling for, from its inception and we keep looking for ways and means to ensure that we can strengthen and build this bond. We recognize parents as the ﬁrst and most important role models and educators of their children. All our Educators see themselves as co-workers with you in providing a high quality of care and education for your child.
There are many ways in which parents can take part in making the school a welcoming and stimulating place for children and parents;
- Exchanging knowledge about their child’s needs, activities, interests and progress with the Educators;
- Helping at sessions;
- Sharing their own special interests with the children;
- Helping to provide, make and look after the equipment and materials used in the children’s play activities;
- Taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum;
- Joining in the community activities in which the school takes part;
- Building friendships with other parents in the school;
- Parents who have a particular interest or skill they feel they can share with the children are encouraged to do so by taking part in the sessions.